Water is essential in our daily life. We might able to survive without foods but we are barely can survive without water. Therefore, it is important for us to stay hydrated especially during Ramadhan.
Here are few tips to stay hydrated during fasting;
- As usual tips, drink at least 8 glasses a day. If you are working or most of your daily routines are exposed to the sunlight, it is advisable for you to drink a lot.
- Avoid hot and spicy dishes. – As Malaysians, we LOVE hot and spicy dishes, however, during this fasting month, it is advisable for us to take less hot and spicy dishes that would increase thirst.
- Take less salty foods. Do not add too much salt in dishes, as it would cause us water retention due to these foods increases body’s need for water.
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as it rich in water and fluids. They would stay in the intestine for a long time and it will reduce thirst.
- Drink fresh fruit juices rather than sweetened juices. As mentioned in the forth tips, drink more fruit juices as it is richer in water.
- Last but not least, try not to drink large quantities of water all at once.
- Drinking iced water to break fast could cause blood vessels to contract and indigestion, hence, it is recommended to drink a room temperature or slightly cold, according to your preferences.
Happy fasting & stay hydrated #BAlovers!
– BA team 😉